Wednesday, December 9, 2009

To Be Alone With You


Tomorrow I move out of my single room into a brand new apartment where I will be living with three other girls starting in January. Then, I am on the plane to come home. God has turned my bitter tears into laughter, and I will miss the quiet moments I had here, alone with Jesus. A new season has begun.

Good-bye to cooking for just one.


Good-bye to hitting my head on drying laundry.


Good-bye to my single burner.


Good-bye to my morning French-press coffee.


Good-bye to you, silent, hidden forest. You were a faithful friend.

"My lover said to me, 'Rise up, my beloved, my fair one, and come away. For the winter is past, and the rain is over and gone. The flowers are springing up, and the time of singing birds has come, even the cooing of turtle doves. The fig trees are budding, and the grapevines are in blossom. How delicious they smell! Yes, spring is here! Arise, my beloved, my fair one, and come away."
Song of Songs 1:10-13
For a song that so perfectly expresses how God gave everything just to be alone with us, listen to the first song after being navigated by this link.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song! Good choice! I think you and I are musical soul mates sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you have Door County coffee. Ah, the small things that remind us of home!

    ReplyDelete