Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Family Reunion

This past weekend I attended our family reunion. I think it was the first family reunion I have ever been to. I always hear about other people attending their family reunions, and assumed I would most likely despise such a boring ritual if it ever happened in my own life. But was I ever wrong! My grandma had set out several pictures of our ancestors and I just drooled over them. In the picture above, the man sitting on the chair (on the right) is my great-great-great grandfather who came over on a boat from Germany. How incredibly cool is that! It's amazing when it actually hits you that you are, in fact, not American.


This picture was my favorite. The girl in the middle is my great-grandmother. I simply adore her dress. She seemed so elegant, simple, and sweet.




When all the conversing about our ancestors got to be a little much, I ran away with my cousin, Addie Joe and we played Yahtzee. She was far better at the game than I. Although, we both came up with a little trick of how to guarantee a good roll. It goes like this: while the person is rolling, the roller yells what she does want, and the other player yells what the other person doesn't want. It made perfect sense to an 8 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment