Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Lazy Afternoon


Today was my first real summer afternoon. As in, I finally did what I dreamt of doing while I stared into my computer screen for hours, finishing my final papers before graduation. This perfect summer day included my Schwinn bike, a good book, and a spot in the shade by the boat dock downtown. I find so much hope in seeing the sailboats anchored, ready for another season of sailing. Despite the dreadful winter, summer always seems to find its way here. It's good to be home.



My favorite part of this bike it the old-fashioned bell. Sometimes I ring it when no one is around...I feel like a 1950's paper boy, announcing to the neighbors that I'm about to throw their daily newspaper into their yard, and they better come and get it.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you were riding that bike with a straw hat and a cotton skirt on. Blessed be Jesus!

    ReplyDelete