Saturday, August 29, 2009

Flowers

Last weekend I climbed all the way up Mt. Ulriken, the highest mountain in Bergen, and found these beautiful wildflowers on the way down. The "hike "was not exactly family-friendly...more like rock climbing, actually, and my flimsy red shoes were completely caked with mud by the end. Despite falling many times on the slipperey rocks, and passing over disintegrating bridges that were about 6 feet over rushing streams, I managed to hold onto the bouquet of flowers I had picked near the top. They are now sitting on my desk. Or at least they were. They died after a few days...wildflowers tend to die rather quickly. But holding them in my hand all the way down the 643 meter mountain gave me enough joy to uphold me through any hard, rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment